Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Judge a book by its covers

Here's a sneak peek of my bookshelf. Why? Well, if you look at the books, there's more in common with them besides all of them seeming pretty boring to most people. What am I talking about? The glare. All the books have covers that reflect light. All of them glister. All of them look like they have never been opened.

Now, I don't know about you, but to me this is really distracting. I want to keep only the books I like in my bookshelf, so seeing books that look completely untouched creates an image of a person who just likes to show around every book they have ever owned.

Not sure if you can see this from the picture, especially since it's taken with flash, but notice how these books have broken-up bindings and lots of "crevasses" on their backs. This is how a well read book looks like, and this is how I want my books to look.

And what does this got to do with interior design? Well, a truly lovely design starts from all the little things. Make your house your own, all the way up from the littlest things.

-A.S

No comments:

Post a Comment